Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust’s aim was to create a leading edge, high quality healthcare environment for Gloucestershire. We believe this has been achieved by enhancing the new buildings through an art programme which reflects the hospital’s character and which complements the quality and efficiency of the new building.
Working with lead artist, Simon Ryder to do this, we:
- Engaged and involved local people of all ages and background in the arts programme
- Encouraged artworks that act as landmarks and focal points and which contribute to way-finding around the hospital
- Endeavoured to create a welcoming, personal and human environment by creating special places, reflecting familiar and local connections
- Established a child-focussed environment within the Children’s Centre and other children’s areas across the new hospital
- Enabled staff to contribute their own ideas to new and improved working environments by working alongside local and national artists
- Encouraged the involvement of Gloucestershire based artists alongside artists from throughout the UK